Financial Assistance

What Financial Assistance can I get for University?

Going to University requires a level of income to pay your way. For a number of different Financial Assistance opportunities, visit the Australian Federal Governments Study Assist website.


Abstudy helps with costs for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders who are studying or undertaking an Australian Apprenticeship. To find out more click here.

Youth Allowance

Financial help for people aged 16 to 24 years who are studying full-time, undertaking a full-time Australian Apprenticeship, training, looking for work or sick. To find out more click here.

Higher Education Contribution Scheme (HECS) and Higher Education Loan Program (HELP)

The HECS-HELP scheme is both a student loan and a student discount. Eligible students may access a HECS‑HELP loan to pay their student contribution amount. To find out more click here.


There are a number of awards and scholarships that are available to Indigenous University students. To find out more visit our Scholarships page.

Student Income Support Benefits

There are a range of means-tested payments available to support eligible students who are undertaking, or who are planning to undertake, approved study or an Australian Apprenticeship. To find out more click here.

Stay connected